Raw energy balls are absolutely a fave category of recipes on this website and I'm not surprised. Sweet, yummy, nourishing and easy to make.
What's not to love?
I've been loving hazelnuts more than usual lately and wanted to team them up with chocolate (always a good idea!) and the most romantic of all flower essences - rosewater.
Creating these energy balls reminded me of:
- Just how simple it is to make them
- How well they store [I like mine in the freezer], and
- How awesome and practical it is to have ready-made treats on hand!
- - -
- 13 Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw cashews (150g)
- ⅓ cup roasted hazelnuts (50g)
- ⅓ cup chopped coconut (25g)
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- ¼ teaspoon raw vanilla powder/ ½ teaspoon quality extract
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pit dates
- Add with all ingredients to a food processor
- Blitz until well combined and a dough-like ball forms
- Roll into small or regular-sized balls
- Refrigerate for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months